Canadian Multiculturalism Day 2021 Event on Sunday, 27 June
With the participation of the Government of Canada |
Ottawa Telugu Association has proposed to organize an event for the Canadian Multiculturalism Day 2021 on Sunday, 27 June 2021 and have applied for financial support for the program with Heritage Canada. We have received a confirmation from Heritage Canada that we shall receive financial support to organize an event to promote our rich linguistic and cultural diversity, as well as our arts and heritage sectors. It is a great opportunity for Ottawa Telugu Association to showcase our stories at a national level program towards building a strong and inclusive Canada.
Registration for performances for this event is open and we invite all of you to come forward and take part in this opportunity. Please register here -
(Performance registrations are now closed - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information)
To discover the significance of multiculturalism in Canada — ensuring that all citizens keep their identities, take pride in their ancestry and have a sense of belonging. We took up the task of presenting our Telugu culture and heritage to Canadian society through our program.
Heritage Canada publishes and catalogues all such events happening across Canada on their social media platforms.
We are looking for programs that showcase
- our rich culture & heritage, how we maintain our identity while in Canada and
- our life in Canadian Multicultural Society
- Program for children under 18
– Speech / Presentation / Sketch / Painting / Song / Poem on the theme (“My identity, my pride!”)
– A video not less than 1 minute, preferably upto two minutes; in English
This will be a virtual event. It would release as a Premiere Show on YouTube and Facebook on the event day.
Registration Open: 01 May 2021
Registrations Closing: 23 May 2021
Last date for Uploading Videos: 30 May 2021
- Shoot in Landscape mode (No Portrait)
- Preferably 1080p (Full HD) quality minimum
- Preferably a 3 second delay before and after the performance
- No introductions or thankyou messages. Please give them in text
- Program & Performer(s) names supplied in English & Telugu
- Please Do NOT share through WhatsApp or any such media
- We shall provide a unique upload link to everyone - please upload the original, full quality video.
- Only edits we recommend is any cuts that you may have to do. Otherwise, you can give us a list of from & to times in the video file to cut and or join
The Board of Directors
Ottawa Telugu Association
PS: More information shall be updated here on this page.