OTA Ugadi 2021 Virtual Cultural Event
Dear OTA Members
While we are in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic and a lockdown that is a difficult and possibly never seen before situation for most of us, it is also important to keep our cultural connection alive to help us keep aware and active despite the gloomy situation.
Our Telugu New Year Ugadi is on Tuesday, 13 April 2021 and it is now time to plan for our annual Ugadi Cultural Event. We plan to telecast a two to three hour cultural program through channels like Zoom / Facebook / YouTube. We have been working on the technicalities of streaming / telecasting our event and also see inputs and help from community members with the know-how. And then, the most important of all, we also invite program registrations from our members - let us encourage our children to participate in this event with the same vigor and enthusiasm as every year to make it a lasting memory.
We are listing a few fundamental guidelines to start with and opening up registrations for cultural programs and for volunteers to coordinate the event.
- Event date is Saturday, 17 April 2021 (tentative - shall update here if any changes).
- In order to ensure basic quality and reduce disturbances beyond our control, we have preferred a live stream of pre-recorded programs instead of live performances.
- We request the program leads to register for the programs while providing as much details as possible about the program especially
-- Performance Name & Type
-- Performance Duration
-- Number of Performers
-- Age group (if kids are performing).
We shall seek more details as we progress.
- Performances with duration under 15 minutes are preferred. For those with longer duration, we request the respective program leads to initiate a dialogue with us immediately.
- We absolutely DO NOT encourage anyone to go beyond the provincial & federal restrictions in place for this purpose – let it be to design, practice or shoot the programs. It is expected of everyone to adhere to the law & guidelines - OTA event can by no means be an exception.
- Considering the current situation we would prefer to see programs with single performer or performers within the same household. For programs like skits it may be possible to record dialogues/scenes from multiple household and join them to make the program.
- Program leads, who register for the program shall note that they have to take up the additional responsibility of submitting a decent quality video of at least Full HD (1080p) resolution preferably with a separate audio track.
-- Audio & Video formats shall be specified soon with an update to this post.
- Final cut of your program video & audio have to be submitted by 26 March 2021.
-- Upload location and guidelines shall be updated here soon.
- In case you would not be able to make the final cut yourself, please inform us at the earliest and latest by 28 Feb 2021 and prepare to submit your video & audio by 12 March 2021.
- In case your performance needs space like a stage or some equipment and you cannot arrange for one, please talk to us so we can work out the possibilities together.
- If there are more programs than we can accommodate, we would discuss with the program leads and prioritize for programs that showcase our language, culture, heritage and classical arts while still maintaining a good mix of contemporary programs.
We shall keep this discussion thread and the first post updated with more information, guidelines and any relevant information and encourage you to discuss below in this thread about any further clarifications and inputs.
We also encourage you to start your own discussion threads in the forum to coordinate your programs and planning.
Types of Event Coordination we are looking for:
- Video Editing & Technology Hands-on
- Public Relations & Sponsorships
- Event Communication & Publicity
- Resource Mobilization & Coordination
- MC / Anchor
- Event Programming & Coordination
- Any Other...
Click here to open Ugadi Event Volunteer & Performance Registration Form
The Board of Directors
Ottawa Telugu Association